The global pandemic Covid-19 had brought us to confine ourselves into the walls of our home and that is a result brought about a huge change in usage duration of Instagram and many other social media platforms. Among the most searched queries on Google, one of them is about Instagram Tips & Tricks for 2021.
As we all know tricks go better as we go ahead, so don’t forget to read the full article and make sure you like, share and subscribe with your friends. Some of the best tricks ar mentioned and discussed below.
Instagram Tips & Tricks for 2021
Below are some of the best and latest Instagram tips we could sort out. Among which some are categorized under best hidden and marketing tricks and tips.
Instagram Hidden Tips and Tricks
Since it launch or being among the most downloaded applications on the app-store and play store, Instagram had been tirelessly working to rollout best of user enhanced features. However they never publicly stated the same either on their official website or any other third-party blogs. Below are some of them listed as per our research till date.
Add Collage Stories on Instagram
We all know that adding collage stories right from the layout tab is well possible but a problem with that is you can not collage your previously posted snaps.
Where this super cool handy feature comes into play. Here’s what you need to do:-
- Open up the Gallery, and head to the first photo you want to add and take the screenshot of the desired area to be added into the collage.
- Now head to Instagram Stories Page and using text tool paste it.
- You will then find your photo to be pasted in the panel.
- Do this to add more photos into the collage subsequently.
(For iPhone Users you just need to take screenshots of all photos at a single time and head to the Instagram Stories layout and paste all photos at a single time from Clipboards)
Set Custom Status
So, Instagram recently introduced it’s native Custom Status feature that not a huge number of people know about for it’s tricky mechanism of working. As we all understand by custom status.
It is a feature that sets your status from showing last seen or online but enables a custom status like Chilling, Sleeping etc.
If you are wondering how to setup on Instagram then it’s that you cannot set it up on Instagram.
- For the above feature you need to have Thread app.
- Select friends who would be able to see your status (customised)
- Set your status to automatic (by using body sensors, it will auto detect the activity) or select a custom status to appear or even create your custom status.
- Once done, your friends would be able to see your customised status.
- The Best thing about this is your friends don’t need to install threads app for status to be shown.
Schedule Instagram Posts
Instagram Scheduling posts are one of the most underrated features of the platform. The feature is today available for everyone and free but some months back, this was not even rolled to users.
Various Instagram Scheduling tools often failed on specified times due to certain restrictions. But today, Instagram has its own scheduling tool.
Despite the fact, the tool is yet only available for business account only but it’s free and super useful. Below are some of the step you may follow to schedule your posts on Instagram.
- Head over to Facebook Creator Studio
- Hover over the Instagram icon at the top.
- Click connect your Instagram account (A business one)
- Yup! You’re done! Now schedule posts, view quality rich insights etc.
Group Unfollow People
This is a feature we always wanted in every platform. Here I’m wondering about feature that has the ability to Unfollow many people from your follower or following that you don’t interact much.
- Go to your Instagram Profile.
- Enter follower or following tab.
- Find a completely new option Least Interacted With. (Well, this shows you the people you least interacted with in the last 90 Days)
- There you can quickly Unfollow People you least interacted with by selecting them at once and tapping Unfollow.
Once, these tricks go super-useful if you’re handling a huge folks on your Instagram Account.
Browsing over call with friends
This is one of my personal favourite tricks that was unveiled recently via an update without an official announcement. But this feature is pretty perfect when we all are at our places locked down.
- So, when you are on a Video Call with your friend. You get a media option on the bottom-right corner.
- The above feature enables you to share your media’s i.e. liked post, saved post, or recommended post to share.
- Once sharing the post, the post appears on both screens including you and your friends.
- The above feature enables the experience for discussing about a photo or post on Live Interactive Manner.
View Likes on Instagram
So, recently Instagram took a big bold decision to start hiding likes on a post. Some people can still see the like count but some like us can’t see likes on a particular post. Well, there’s a simple trick to view the like count.
- For this, you just need to copy the link of the post you want to view likes on.
- Open any web browser let’s say Chrome and open Incognito Mode and Paste the link. Yup, your likes count is right on your screens.
- There is an another way to view likes. That is by installing a chrome extension called The Return of Likes.
- Activate the extension and open up the post to view the like count on the top-right panel of the screen.
Viewing Profile Pictures in Full Screen
One thing we must have noticed that there is no way to view one’s profile picture in full screen. Tapping into the picture does nothing. Here’s a trick to view profile picture aka dp in full screen.
- Open the Profile you want to view dp of.
- Copy the Profile URL.
- As done above, open Incognito Mode on Chrome and paste the URL.
- Well, this is not the end. Add 0 (Zero) to the URL.
- Let the URL load and view your full screen profile photo.
- Apart from above trick, there’s one more trick to view profile photos in Full screen. There’s a site called InstaDp that let’s you search profiles and see the dp’s in full size.
Restrict People in Instagram
We all have that friend who we don’t want to block but also don’t wanna see messages and comments of. So here’s a super handy feature called Restrict.
- Visit the profile you want to restrict.
- Hit three dots button, then tap Restrict.
- Doing above methods enables user to be restricted from showing any comment publicly and their message to be kept in requests.
Disable Live Notification on Instagram
Enjoying a live session is always been a super exciting feature on Instagram. But in these days of complete shutdown. Everyone is going live and these had became a super annoying. Here’s some steps to disable these annoying notification and restore peace.
- Head to Instagram settings.
- Head to Notifications.
- Then Live and IgTV.
- Just turn the notification off and you’re done.
Recently, Instagram introduced a brand new and incremental to its mobile platforms.
Instagram now allows users to set an alert notification for their favourite accounts for their new posts and live sessions.
This feature might be useful for many of the users who follow one account passionately and needs every update of their activity.
Control Instagram Filters
We all often use Instagram Filters as a default image editor with its wide range and high quality filters.
Instagram now allows users to control the strength of filters. In a mobile app, you can activate in the following steps:-
- Select the desired photo to be uploaded.
- Select the filter.
- In a new window, Control the filter according to your desire.
Collaborated Chat Experience
This decade had been super-fun for tech giant Facebook. WhatsApp as well as Instagram was acquired by Facebook.
Recently, a new feature was rolled out where WhatsApp was seen being collaborated with Messenger and Instagram.
Users can now collaborate Instagram Direct Messages and Facebook Messenger with a single tap using the prompt sent by Facebook after updating the app.
Name tags, as its name suggests is the way delivering the same feature as any other Quick Response Code (QR code) does.
Name-tag, in general is unlikely Instagram’s way of QR code. This can ensure proper profile search without typing a single word.
One can share Name-tags in the following steps:-
- Head to Profile Section.
- Open Option Menu
- Select Name-tags (In newer version, is replaced by QR-Code)
Instagram has many hidden and unknown features that are evenly added with newer updates. Instagram’s Incognito Scroll is the response to non-monitored Experience.
Sometimes, We need a traceless Instagram use as we have in WhatsApp as hidden last seen. Instagram also enables last seen hide feature but as Activity Status.
Below are some of the steps you can scroll without any traces left of your usage.
- Head to Settings Panel of the app.
- Search for – “Activity Status”
- Turn the option off to disable tracking.
Instagram now supports usage of third-party fonts.
Using a customized font sometimes increases impression upon some people. Here’s the steps to get that enabled.
- Visit any Instagram Font Generator (From Google Search)
- Generate and Copy the text.
- Paste the text at the target position. And you’re done.
Post from Desktop
Despite a ton of the features, Instagram lacks some crucial ones at it’s platform like posting any stories or feeds from desktop.
But here’s a trick to bypass the lack and post from the same.
- Visit Instagram from the desired browser.
- Press F12 and select Mobile Version.
- Click on the Phablet icon to the left of Element Section.
- Refresh the page and now you can easily post from even your desktop.
Instagram last week introduced a new feature called Vanish Mode that allows users to chat being Incognito.
This feature is much similar to what is in Telegram as Disappearing Message. You can enable the feature in the below steps.
- Open the Chat.
- Swipe from below.
- There you go. Now Vanish mode is enabled for a particular chat. Your chats would be deleted once you go back.
Instagram Marketing Tips & Tricks for 2021
Last few years had been super useful for Instagram as a brand and they have expanded their business to various countries to occupy the place among the most used social media platforms. Various brands or local individuals are now trying to gain as much profit as they can. We have handpicked some of them in the part below to enable the best possible strategies to grow on the platform.
Instagram recently rolled out its most awaited feature under the name Instagram reels. Since then, people went crazy about the same. Reels, being a new feature is being promoted to their level best. In other words, it may be said that Instagram is promoting the users active on reels and are more likely to get more results in the form of followers.
Using Keywords and Hashtags
Among the other Instagram tips or tricks, using hashtags across the profile can bring you the best results either in the forms of engagements or reaches.
Using hashtags on the profile bio section or in the caption of the recent posts can hugely effect one’s reach by showing the profile and post in a filter manner in the hashtag search giving a promotion without paying Instagram.
Instagram is more likely a website than just an account for getting more engagements and reach. An updated highlight gives the visitor a better navigation for finding the best post being listed on front.
In other words, Instagram Highlights is more likely a category section in most website blogs. Don’t forget to add one in your profile.
Likely Instagram Reels, Shop was added to the applications or website since then Instagram had been promoting its shop section and the users to most of the users globally. Use Instagram Reels to get promoted without a single expensive.
So this was it for today. We hope you like our presentation. If you liked, don’t forget to share the content and if didn’t, then kindly drop the concerned reason below.